According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, now is the time to prepare for the high temperatures that kill hundreds of people every year.
In our industry, crews are in extreme temperatures, especially in the South’s heat and humidity combined. We want our employee’s and everyone in our industry to be safe and take the necessary precautions to prevent such accidents.
Below is a list provided by the CDC. These measures can prevent emergencies and health issues:
1) Drink plenty of water – preferably non-sugary beverages
2) Keep Cool – AFS management provides cooling towels for crew members
3) Drink more water than usual and don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink
4) Pace activity. Start activities slow and pick up the pace gradually.
5) Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing
Back to News & Events