Do you have a damp, wet crawl space? If so, the musty odors and wetness probably bother you. At some point, did a home contractor convince you that it was a good idea to vent the crawl space to get rid of the problem?
If you have a vented crawl space, you’ll always have excessive moisture beneath your home.
- Water moves in and around your home as vapor through the air.
- Warm air can hold much more water than cold air can.
- Due to the relative coolness of the ground compared to ambient temperatures, the space beneath your home is cooler than the space outside.
- As warm air enters your cold crawl space, it becomes colder and can’t hold the water in the form of vapor.
- For every degree that that the air cools, the relative humidity goes up 2.2%.
- 100% humidity or higher equals.. you guessed it.. water in your crawl space.
Water in your crawl space causes condensation, mold and wood rot. It’s a serious problem for your structural integrity and for you family’s health. If you have a vented crawl space, contact AFS today to talk about your options for fixing the problem.
We Support Everything You Love.
Back to News & Events