NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. Such statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Title: Inspector
Job Class Exempt
Reports to (Job TItle) Sales Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Meets with potential customers on pre-scheduled appointments to diagnose problem(s) and determine customers’ desired outcomes. Proposes solution(s) to resolve problem(s), brings sale to a close, writes and submits job proposal. Attends weekly meetings and trade shows. Supports the management and mission of the company.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATOR: Average Dollar per Lead
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Drives to potential customers’ home to meet with them for pre-scheduled appointments. Builds rapport and demonstrates expertise in waterproofing, crawl space, and/or foundation repair systems. Determines customer’s problem(s), needs, and desired outcome(s) by asking questions and completing a customer questionnaire or “Fact Sheet.” Identifies problems and opportunities in the customer’s home and then proposes solution(s) to resolve problems and meet or exceed expected outcomes. Attempts to bring sale of solution to a close. (55%)
- Writes job proposal for each job to include diagram(s), photographs, instructions, inventory needed, the customer “Job Work Sheet,” accomplish list, pricing lists and the total price of the job. Turns job proposals into BizWiz (or on company premises) every 24 hours. Follows up by phone and re-visits the customer as necessary. Responsible for assisting in the financing of a job and with collecting payment on past due accounts. (30%)
- Attends weekly production meeting and sales meeting. Attempts to meet and/or exceed sales goals. (10%)
- Builds relationships and generates leads at trade shows during the year. Attends as requested and scheduled. (5%)
- Regular and punctual attendance. Ability to legally drive a motor vehicle.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Advises Production Manager and foreman on details of job proposal, as requested.
- Assists with service issues as necessary, and provides guidance and customer details to the Service Manager in a timely manner.
DIRECT REPORTS: None
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES (KSAs) and TALENTS:
- Knowledge of business principles and practices.
- Knowledge of sales, marketing, and customer satisfaction theories and practices.
- Knowledge of construction or foundation systems helpful.
- Skill in operating personal computer and programs such as Microsoft Office, database management and other business software well enough to perform PC presentations in customers’ homes.
- Skill in rapport building, explaining features and benefits of solutions, and closing the sale.
- Skill in reading, writing (legibly), and oral communication.
- Ability to learn, understand, accept, and put into practice the 10 Steps methodology of sales.
- Ability to learn and understand the technicality of foundation systems.
- Ability to make customer’s needs and desired outcomes very clear by being precise and thorough.
- Possess talent and personal traits:
- Customer Focus
- Results Orientation
- Diplomacy & Tact
- Goal Achievement
- Personal Accountability
- Continuous Learning
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business administration or related field;
- Two (2) years experience in customer service or related field; or,
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to illustrate a proven track record in the business field.
|Seeing: Must be able to see well enough to read reports, data, statistics & information on computer screen||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate on the telephone and in person||X|
|Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to operate computer & calculator||X|
Back to Careers