NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. Such statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Title: Installer
Job Class Non-Exempt
Reports to (Job Title) Production Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Loads trucks in preparation for the job site. Performs installation duties according to company approved methods, standards and timetables. Uses safe methods when handling tools and equipment. Supports the management and mission of the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs installation duties according to company approved methods and as instructed by foreman and co-foreman. Completes work to meet company standards and timetables. Uses safe methods in handling tools and equipment. Makes efficient use of time. (85%)
- Loads trucks with materials, tools, and equipment as instructed by the foreman and co-foreman. Uses safe methods in handling tools and equipment. Makes efficient use of time. (15%)
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
DIRECT REPORTS: None
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES (KSAs) and TALENTS:
- Skill in using tools and equipment preferred.
- Ability to follow direction and specific instructions.
- Possess talent and personal traits:
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to Learn
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred;
- Six months experience as a skilled or semi-skilled laborer preferred; or,
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
|Seeing: Must be able to see well enough to read reports, data, statistics & information on computer screen||X|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate on the telephone and in person||X|
|Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to operate computer & calculator||X|
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS for Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling: Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly or to move objects.
Back to Careers