IT Systems Engineer
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. Such statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Title: IT Systems Engineer
Job Class Exempt
Reports to (Job Title) Senior Controller
Overview: The IT Systems Engineer serves a critical role within AFS. This individual performs installation, routine maintenance, upgrades, monitoring and daily support for the IT infrastructure including servers, storage arrays and network equipment. The IT Systems Engineer is responsible for day-to-day operational excellence of the IT infrastructure equipment for internal systems. This individual in concert with others on the IT team will operate, monitor, assess and improve systems to meet SLAs for business class operation. The individual collaborates proactively with others on the IT team and throughout the business, as well as end users, to analyze business needs and design and implement solutions that provide long-term sustainable value to the organization.
IT Systems Engineer Essential Responsibilities:
- Analyze and assess IT systems for proper operation.
- Manage and administrator Microsoft Windows Server infrastructure.
- Perform Microsoft Office 365 email and application administration.
- Upgrade and patch (WSUS) systems as necessary to assure IT system integrity and security.
- Actively monitor and report on systems to track achievement of business SLAs.
- Act a POC for all systems within the company with an emphasis on Salesforce.
- Adhere to standards and procedures that provide for efficient operation of the servers, storage appliances and systems.
- Perform capacity planning and reporting to ensure efficient use of storage.
- Closely monitor server and storage performance and utilization, identify problems and recommend / implement solutions.
- Create and maintain systems documentation and recovery procedures.
- Provide users with network technical support responding to the needs and questions of end users regarding their access to resources on the network.
- Provide documentation, reports and evidence for internal and vendor audits.
- Participate in hardware/software procurement activities as required.
- Provide technical support for data center infrastructure and end user client devices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or similar
- Experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server and Salesforce
- Strong knowledge and experience with Office 365 Platform Stack, including Exchange, Skype for Business, SharePoint, Azure AD, One Drive, Teams and Security & Compliance.
- Knowledge or experience with hybrid and/or public cloud computing platforms and SaaS applications (ie. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Openstack, Office 365, Google Apps, Salesforce.com, etc.)
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies (ie. VMware, HyperV, RHEV)
- Knowledge of SAN (ie. EMC VNX, Netapp, etc.) technologies and strategies
- Knowledge and experience with system backup and recovery software applications (Veeam, Backup Exec)
- Knowledge of enterprise anti-virus/anti-malware products (Symantec, McAfee, Sophos)
- Knowledge of network systems and security (ie. Cisco, WAN, LAN, VPN)
- Knowledge and experience in the installation and maintenance of network equipment such as switches, routers and firewalls
- Experience in writing Windows Scripts, VBScript, BASH or PERL scripts
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux (RHEL) server file systems and security
- Knowledgeable about Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery best practices
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Any technical certifications (ie. MCSE, EMCSA, VCP, RHCE, CCNA, CCNP, etc.)
- Experience with Cisco UCS Blade management and administration.
- Familiarity with client virtualization technologies (ie. VDI)
- Familiarity with Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
- Any project management experience or certifications (ie. PMP, Agile/SCRUM, DevOps)
- Eager to learn new skills, technologies and software applications
Back to Careers