NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. Such statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Title: Multimedia Specialist
Job Class Exempt
Reports to (Job Title) Marketing Director
- Coordinates the development and production of internal and external social media video and electronic messaging consistent with Memorial Health System strategies and Communications standards of excellence.
- Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values.
- Minimum Qualifications Education: • Bachelor’s degree in video production, broadcast journalism, advertising/marketing, communication arts, graphic design or related field required. Experience:
- Five or more years of visual communications or social media management experience, including 3 or more years of video production experience is required
- Requires creative skills include proven excellence in conceptualizing and aligning message strategies (production technique, tone, tempo, overall visual and audio presence) with theobjective(s) of assigned projects for social media platforms and websites.
- Must possess a proven ability to produce innovative and engaging content that clearly communicates critical and sometimes complex messages
- Requires technical skills, including proven excellence in videotaping/filming in a broad range of settings and formats, image composition, lighting, audio quality management, digital and graphic image design, script writing, story boarding, interviewing, editing and motion graphics.
- Must have demonstrated experience with Adobe Photoshop and Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience with Adobe After Effects is strongly preferred.
- Requires interpersonal skills include proven ability to develop cordial, effective relationships with interview subjects, including coworkers and external customers, to produce engaging video content.
- Project coordination skills required to work with external vendors to execute large-scale video productions. •
- Excellent and proven record in production of website and social media videos and digital messages.
- Excellent and proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent and proven interpersonal, organizational, project and time management skills
- Demonstrated self-starter capable of managing multiple assignments simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and productively with staff inside and outside the department, including executive leadership, affiliate communicators, business partners and suppliers. •
- Must be able to deliver compelling and relevant visual materials that bring MHS mission and vision to life.
- Manage the lab project task board and the timelines for various projects – making sure timelines are always up to date and accurate.
- Manage the lab request queue, assign student assistants to tasks, assign priorities for requested items and manage due dates of requested items.
- Provide guidance to student assistants on assigned tasks and ensure high-quality deliverables. Create lab production efficiencies and increase lab production capability through improved methods and processes.
- Manage the scheduling of video production and filming within the studio space
- Manage the lab space, studio space, and lab equipment. Review all labend-products prior to marking them complete.
- Review all modules and courses created by the lab. Lead prototype projects as required.
- Learning Management System Review changes made to courses by student assistants for bugs/issues and update the Course Audit SmartSheet.
- Review content for spelling typos, mistakes, and other quality controls prior to marking it complete. Other LMS-based tasks as needed. Asset and Product Creation Create graphical assets, flyers and print materials as needed.
- Create video projects and perform video edits as needed.
- Capture video footage using the provided equipment.
- Manage video library and organize project files.
- Other Tasks as Assigned
Experience & Education:
- 5 years’ experience
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Proficient in Adobe CS Suite with emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere and After Effects
- Experience with 3D modeling tools and texturing (Blender, Maya and CAD applications)
- History of delivering professional quality final media products including 2D graphics, 3D models, animations and video productions
- Ability to learn and become productive in new and evolving productions tools
- Portfolio showcasing products in applicable disciplines
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment while incorporating technical input in support of professional end products
Back to Careers