NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. Such statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Title: Accountant
Job Class Exempt
Reports to (Job Title) Senior Controller
Under the supervision of the Sr. Controller, the Staff Accountant is responsible for providing accounting expertise in various areas of the accounting department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- This position requires very high level of proficiency in QuickBooks. Should be comfortable training other people in QuickBooks.
- At least three years of experience in accounting department, where duties included month end close-out, taxes, financial account reconciliation, journal entries, inventory, and compensation, and working with external auditors.
- Experience with receiving payment via credit cards is a big plus.
- Ensure strict compliance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the recording of financial transactions.
- Maintain financial records and ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded. Ensure the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconcile subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger.
- Prepare complex balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. Analyze current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Review, analyze and consolidate financial reports from regional offices.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain organized in a fast paced environment, under little supervision
- Ability and experience handling multiple duties
- Ability to practice discretion when needed
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CPA desired or ability to earn CPA
- 3-5 years’ experience working as a Staff Accountant
- Expert level in QuickBooks
- Microsoft Office Suite Experience
- BizWiz experience is a plus
Since 2000, AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialists – A Bayless Company – has specialized in helping homeowners have peace of mind knowing their homes are stable and dry. We have grown from a small company operating out of a home garage in north Alabama to a company with 5 locations and over 200 employees serving Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee. AFS is proud to have an established reputation for high quality work and personalized service. We attribute our success to closely adhering to our core values in all we do
Back to Careers