Foundation Issues: Tilting, Leaning Chimneys
Identifying & Repairing Issues Related To A Failing Chimney
Your chimney or smokestack is tilting and separating from your home.
- Leaning or tilting of the chimney
- Cracks where the chimney foundation meets the home foundation
- Damage to the roof where flashing meets the chimney
- Gaps between the chimney and home walls that have been filled in with mortar, foam, or caulk.
How to Fix It:
We repair tilting chimneys with the SettleStop Helical Pier System.
However, structural issues with your chimney are often connected to other potentially serious foundation problems. The same problems that caused your chimney to lean and show signs of failure can apply equally to your foundation.
If your chimney’s foundation (or the soils underneath that foundation) are unable to support the weight of the chimney, it will begin to tilt. A helical pier system can repair this damage.
We fix tilting, leaning chimneys! Call us for a free chimney foundation repair quote today!
- We serve Huntsville, Madison, Birmingham, and many nearby areas in Alabama.
- We serve Chattanooga, Nashville, Franklin, Brentwood, Spring Hill, and many surrounding areas in Tennessee.
- We serve Columbus, Lookout Mountain, Rising Fawn, Ringgold, and surrounding cities and towns in Georgia.
- We serve Biloxi, Hattiesburg and surrounding cities in Mississippi.
As most houses are built, the chimney’s foundation is added to the home’s foundation (some are poured at the same time). A full masonry chimney can weigh tens of thousands of pounds.
Repairing Tilting Chimney Problems
One of the most shocking and dramatic signs of settlement is a chimney separating away from the rest of the home. A professional foundation contractor will be able to assess the damage and identify the cause and extent of the problem. Because this is often one symptom of a potentially serious foundation issue, we recommend checking the rest of the house for problems as well.
A Word Of Warning: filling in the void between your house and chimney is not the answer! Many homeowners will have the void filled with masonry, foam, caulk, or some other material. This is a temporary fix only — and it’ll have to be removed when the real repair is done.
We Do Tilting Chimney Repair In Alabama, Tennesse, Georgia, and Mississippi
At AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialists, we specialize in foundation repairs of all kinds — including those related to tilting, leaning chimneys. Our warrantied solution will quickly and permanently solve your foundation issue.
We provide free, written foundation repair estimates to homeowners throughout our service area. Each estimate is made in person, on site, and comes with no obligation to you.
Our service area includes Alabama areas like Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, Hoover, Birmingham, Madison, Decatur, Auburn, in Georgia areas like Columbus, in Tennessee around Nashville or Chattanooga, or in Mississippi areas like Biloxi. Call or e-mail us today to schedule your appointment!