Soda Blasting to Remove Mold in Crawl Spaces Throughout Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, and Mississippi
Mold removal that’s safe, effective and clean
Mold is often a problem when a house has a vented crawl space. This damp, dark environment provides a perfect habitat for mold, which typically takes hold on joists, floor sheathing and other wood surfaces.
You know the signs: Dark mold stains and an unpleasant musty smell that often makes its way into your living space. Left untreated, crawl space mold can develop into wood rot that requires expensive structural repairs. Airborne mold spores can cause serious health problems.
The crawl space repair experts at AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialists can safely and effectively remove mold from crawl space joists to prevent structural damage.
Learn more about how we can help, or contact us to schedule a Free Estimate for soda blasting crawl space repair in Huntsville, Birmingham, Nashville, Chattanooga, Columbus, Biloxi and nearby.
Black mold deposits on crawl space joists & sheathing can be completely stripped to clean, bare wood using soda blasting mold removal.
How can mold be removed safely and thoroughly?
Everyone agrees that mold problems are serious and need to be solved. But how? Bleach and scrub treatments usually aren’t successful in removing all mold, and bleaching produces hazardous fumes and overspray. Some contractors use expensive equipment to freeze mold deposits, a technique that will kill mold but not remove the mold deposits.
Soda blasting to the rescue
There’s a better way to remove mold. Soda blasting is a compressed air cleaning technique that’s similar to sand blasting, but gentler and cleaner. As with sandblasting, soda blasting involves using air pressure to blow particles against the surface to be cleaned. Check out the advantages of this mold solution:
Benefits of our soda blasting mold removal service:
- …totally safe. Bleaching and other chemical treatments to kill mold involve toxic compounds and hazardous fumes. In contrast, baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) is a natural material that won’t harm humans or animals. It’s used in toothpaste, deodorant and baking recipes.
- …effective but not abrasive. Soda blasting works differently than sand blasting. Sand’s abrasive action can remove mold and the wood beneath it, significantly weakening structural members. Soda blasting actually blasts mold deposits loose as sodium bicarbonate particles shatter upon contact with the surface being cleaned. It won’t cause structural damage.
- …thorough. As the “Before” and “After” photos show, soda blasting provides dramatic visual proof that mold deposits have been removed from host surfaces. Soda blasting is so effective that it is often used to strip paint from auto parts and to clean boat hulls.
- …fast. When operated by an experienced technician, a soda blasting rig can remove large deposits of mold very quickly.
- …affordable. Soda blasting typically doesn’t cost much more than manual mold removal methods that yield incomplete results while creating more of a mess.
- …deodorizing & sanitizing. Baking soda has the desirable quality of absorbing unpleasant odors –including the nasty smell of mold and mildew. It can also help prevent mold from returning.
- …minimally messy. After the soda blasting process is complete, it’s not difficult to remove excess baking soda from the work area.
After you remove mold, take steps to make sure it doesn’t come back!
Removing mold from surfaces in your crawl space is a great first step in the battle against this harmful home invader. But make sure to take all the necessary steps to prevent a fresh invasion. AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialists can encapsulate your crawl space and make sure it stays dry by installing a waterproofing system and crawl space dehumidifier. A clean, dry crawl space is a mold-hostile environment –the best mold-prevention program for your home.
We offer all of our crawl space repair services, including soda blasting, to residents in Huntsville, Birmingham, Nashville, Chattanooga, Columbus, Biloxi and the neighboring towns and cities.