Pests in Your Crawl Space
The presence of pests in your home, particularly in the crawl space, is a cause for concern. These unwelcome guests are attracted to the moist and dark areas beneath your home, which may lead to structural damage and unhealthy air quality.
AFS helps homeowners pinpoint the root causes behind crawl space pest invasions. We have thorough crawl space solutions designed to transform the area under your house into a space that’s unappealing to pests.
For over 20 years, homeowners across the Southeast United States have relied on our expertise to enhance the safety of their homes. This page will show you the reasons pests are attracted to your crawl space, and how we can help.
What Are Crawl Space Pests?
Pests in crawl spaces consist of various unwelcome creatures like insects, rodents, and other wildlife that infiltrate the dark, moist, and secluded space under your home. Typical crawl space pests include:
These pests are especially attracted to areas with high moisture levels and accessible entry points. Once inside, they can nest in your insulation, harm wooden structures, and create conditions conducive to more infestations.
This not only affects the structural soundness of your home but also poses health hazards due to the pests’ droppings, bacteria, and foul smells. Addressing this problem promptly is key to ensuring a safe and healthy living environment for everyone in your home.
Why Your Home Has Crawl Space Pests
Several factors can lead to the presence of pests in your crawl space:
- Open vents or gaps letting exterior air and humidity inside
- Landscaping issues directing water into the crawl space
- High humidity levels below your home
- Plumbing leaks creating puddles underneath the home
- Saturated soil or standing water leaking into wooden supports
- Mold growth that provides a food source for certain animals
Tackling these foundational problems is essential for making your crawl space less inviting to pests and for protecting your home from potential harm. AFS excels in identifying and fixing these issues, providing tailored repair solutions to defend your home.
Is It Possible to Eliminate Pests from the Crawl Space?
Yes, it is possible to make your crawl space less attractive to pests, but this requires a professional strategy with comprehensive solutions. While pest control or DIY insecticide methods may temporarily keep pests a bay, they don’t actually solve the problem.
Addressing the conditions that attract pests is the only way to truly stop pests from returning, or at least going under your home. AFS creates a healthier crawl space by implementing an all-encompassing encapsulation system.
This system targets the primary causes of pest infestations by reducing moisture below your home. Without a damp, dark place to take shelter, the environment becomes less appealing and more challenging for pests to enter.
How to Address Pests in Your Crawl Space
The initial step in managing pests in your crawl space involves their proper removal by a pest control expert. Once that’s taken care of, here’s how AFS helps to prevent another infestation:
- Conduct an in-depth inspection to pinpoint specific issues and their causes.
- Seal off crawl space vents and replace access doors to prevent external air and water entry.
- Install an interior drainage system and a sump pump to collect and expel water.
- Lay drainage matting on the floor to guide water towards the drainage system.
- Attach thermal insulation panels to the walls to regulate internal temperatures.
- Encapsulate the floor and walls with a vapor barrier.
- Install a dehumidifier to control humidity levels.
- Place IntelliJack™ crawl space support posts for even more protection.
- Offer regular maintenance checks to ensure continued protection.
By choosing AFS, you select a company that offers leading-edge solutions customized to tackle your specific problems, ensuring a safe and healthy crawl space.
The Importance of Addressing Crawl Space Pests Promptly
Addressing crawl space pest issues quickly is vital for several reasons:
- Prevent Further Infestations: An infested crawl space can attract more pests, worsening the situation.
- Safeguard Your Health: The waste and bacteria left by pests can pose significant health hazards.
- Avert Structural Damage: Pests can inflict serious harm to wooden structures, leading to expensive repairs.
- Preserve Home Value: Dealing with pest problems helps maintain your home’s value.
To thoroughly resolve these issues and safeguard your home, AFS’s expertise and specialized solutions are essential. Our products are designed for superior protection, ensuring a secure and healthy crawl space.
Reach Out to AFS for Dependable Crawl Space Solutions
Don’t let pests overrun your crawl space and home. You can secure a safe and healthy living environment for your family with AFS’s reliable crawl space encapsulation solutions.
Contact us today to arrange a free crawl space inspection and estimate. Homeowners across the Southeast United States have relied on our team for over 15 years to revitalize their crawl spaces, and we can do the same for you!
Your wet crawl space is frustrating. Where do you even start? Here's the best way to stop crawl space moisture—straight from the experts.
What's the worst pest to deal with? A new report about Tennessee pests reveals which insects and critters are most concerning.
Last Modified Date:
Explore more problem signs
130 Interstate Commerce Crt. Bldg. 100 & 200
Alabaster, AL 35007
214 Industrial Park Dr.
Soddy-Daisy, TN 37379
2701 Opelika Road
Phenix City, AL 36870
1909 Montgomery Hwy, Suite 322,
Dothan, AL 36303
118 E Mobile St
Florence, AL 35630
2415 Jordan Road
Huntsville, AL 35811
3028 E Governor John Sevier Highway
Knoxville, TN 37914
3131 Hamilton Blvd.
Theodore, AL 36582
445 Dexter Avenue, Suite 4050
Montgomery, AL 36104
1519 Heil Quaker Blvd.
LaVergne, TN 37086
89 W. Hood Dr.
Pensacola, FL 32534