Water in Your Crawl Space
If there is water in your crawl space, you might only realize it when your living space is affected by higher indoor humidity or musty odors.
No matter how it happens, when water makes its way into your crawl space, it’s a clear sign of deeper issues. Eventually, the water could even damage a home’s structural integrity.
AFS helps homeowners solve the causes behind crawl space water. We provide modern, long-lasting crawl space encapsulation services.
After reading this page, you’ll have a clear understanding of how water enters your crawl space, the significance of addressing these issues swiftly, and how AFS can assist you.
What Is Crawl Space Water?
Water in a crawl space encompasses any unwanted moisture found under your home, from obvious pools of water to subtle dampness in the soil or on the surfaces of the crawl space. Water accumulation in your crawl space can lead to various complications, including:
- Wet crawl space insulation
- High energy bills
- Sagging floors
- Musty crawl space smells
- Pests in the crawl space
- High humidity levels
Neglecting this issue can lead to worsening conditions. AFS recognizes the intricacies of crawl space problems and effectively eliminates existing water while preventing future occurrences.
Why Your Home Has Water in the Crawl Space
Due to the location of your crawl space, water can enter your crawl space through a variety of ways. Here are the most common ones we see:
- Open Vents: Open crawl space vents allow moist air to flow into the crawl space, leading to condensation.
- Seasonal Weather: Heavy rains, snowmelt, or floods can seep into the structure through walls, corners, the ground, and open vents.
- Inadequate Drainage: Issues like improper grading, gutter problems, blocked drains, and the absence of moisture barriers can lead to water seepage.
- Plumbing Failures: Faulty pipes, water heater malfunctions, and small leaks in supply lines can cause water accumulation.
- Ineffective Waterproofing: Outdated or improperly installed waterproofing or drainage issues can result in water penetration through walls and floors.
AFS conducts thorough evaluations to pinpoint all contributing factors, ensuring our solutions comprehensively address the root causes of water in your crawl space.
Can You Fix Crawl Space Water?
Absolutely, water issues in crawl spaces are solvable with appropriate measures. However, don’t try to remove water with DIY methods—they’re often ineffective and dangerous without the proper training.
A professional strategy is the best way to achieve lasting results. AFS excels in providing all-encompassing solutions that not only remove existing water but also avert future problems.
Our approach extends beyond quick fixes. We protect the whole environment in your crawl space to create a dry, healthy area that enhances your home’s overall condition.
How AFS Fixes Crawl Space Water
We’ve been helping homeowners keep their crawl spaces free of water since 2000. The way we address water in a crawl space involves several key steps:
- Conduct an in-depth inspection to pinpoint specific issues and their causes.
- Seal off crawl space vents and replace access doors to prevent external air and water entry.
- Install an interior drainage system and a sump pump to collect and expel water.
- Lay drainage matting on the floor to guide water towards the drainage system.
- Attach thermal insulation panels to the walls to regulate internal temperatures.
- Encapsulate the floor and walls with a vapor barrier.
- Install a dehumidifier to control humidity levels.
- Place IntelliJack™ crawl space support posts for even more protection.
- Offer regular maintenance checks to ensure continued protection.
AFS uses specialized products designed to meet the unique needs of homes in the Southeast United States. Our solutions surpass standard options, offering superior crawl space protection.
Why Address Crawl Space Water Now
Addressing water in your crawl space immediately is crucial for several reasons:
- Prevent Structural Damage: Early detection and resolution can mitigate extensive repairs caused by water damage.
- Avoid Health Risks: Mold and poor air quality from a damp crawl space can adversely affect your health.
- Reduce Energy Costs: A dry, insulated crawl space is more energy-efficient, lowering heating and cooling expenses.
- Safeguard Your Investment: Early intervention prevents expensive repairs and maintains your home’s market value.
Delaying action only exacerbates the issues. Opting for AFS’s specialized solutions ensures top-notch care and protection for your home.
Contact AFS for Dependable Crawl Space Solutions
Water in your crawl space poses various risks to your home and family, but it can be resolved with our leading solutions. AFS’s crawl space encapsulation system can be customized to your home and even comes with extensive, transferable warranties!
If you suspect that there is water in your crawl space, contact us today for expert repair services. We provide free inspections to identify the moisture source and create an optimal repair strategy. That way, you can enjoy your home and keep it safe for your loved ones for years to come!
Venting your crawl space is a thing of the past. Nowadays, by keeping crawl space vents open, you can put your home and your family in danger.
When it comes to crawl space waterproofing, every homeowner needs to take into consideration the price, among various other factors.
Most homeowners won’t go down to their crawl space the entire time they own their home, as it is seen to be a useless space. As it is usually damp and dark, and often home to unwelcome pests, many homeowners won’t check in on it until something becomes wrong. One of the telltale signs that you’re dealing with problems in your crawl space is musty or foul […]
Last Modified Date:
Explore more problem signs
130 Interstate Commerce Crt. Bldg. 100 & 200
Alabaster, AL 35007
214 Industrial Park Dr.
Soddy-Daisy, TN 37379
2701 Opelika Road
Phenix City, AL 36870
1909 Montgomery Hwy, Suite 322,
Dothan, AL 36303
118 E Mobile St
Florence, AL 35630
2415 Jordan Road
Huntsville, AL 35811
3028 E Governor John Sevier Highway
Knoxville, TN 37914
3131 Hamilton Blvd.
Theodore, AL 36582
445 Dexter Avenue, Suite 4050
Montgomery, AL 36104
1519 Heil Quaker Blvd.
LaVergne, TN 37086
89 W. Hood Dr.
Pensacola, FL 32534