Cracked Concrete Patio
Your patio should be a peaceful outdoor retreat, but a cracked concrete patio can quickly turn it into an unsightly and hazardous space.
Cracks in your concrete patio not only diminish its appearance but also create potential safety hazards. AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialists understand the importance of concrete lifting and addressing these issues promptly, offering specialized solutions to restore your home’s safety and beauty. With services like SettleStop™ PolyRenewal™, we are committed to ensuring your patio remains a secure and inviting place for your family.
This page will guide you through the causes and problems associated with cracked concrete patios and how our professional solutions can bring back the tranquility and aesthetics of your home.
What Is a Cracked Concrete Patio?
A cracked concrete patio refers to a surface typically found in your backyard that has developed fractures, lines, or breaks over time, affecting both its appearance and structural integrity.
These cracks can vary from minor surface imperfections to deep, extensive damage, creating tripping hazards and providing entry points for pests and debris. Additionally, water accumulation in these cracks can lead to further deterioration.
In addition to a cracked patio, you may also notice similar concrete issues throughout your property, including:
- Cracked concrete
- Sinking concrete slabs
- Concrete pitting, flaking, and staining
- Cracked concrete pool decks
- Sinking concrete porches
- Sinking concrete steps
- Cracked sidewalks
- Cracked driveways
The longer these issues go unaddressed, the more severe they become. When you spot these problems, it’s crucial to contact a local professional for assistance. AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialists take a comprehensive approach to assess the extent and cause of the damage, ensuring effective and long-lasting repairs.
What Causes a Cracked Concrete Patio?
Cracked concrete patios can result from various factors, including:
- Settling Soil and Erosion: Shifts or erosion of the soil beneath the patio can lead to sinking and instability in the concrete. This can cause cracks due to uneven settlement. Dry soil is also incapable of adequately supporting the concrete above.
- Weather Conditions: Excessive rainfall, flooding, and freeze-thaw cycles can further exacerbate soil erosion and concrete cracking, especially in areas with clay-based soil.
- Tree Roots: Expanding tree roots can exert pressure on the concrete, leading to cracks and upward heaving.
- Installation Problems: Errors during the concrete pouring or curing process can result in inherent weaknesses, instability, and eventual cracking.
The same soil movement problems that damage patios can also affect your home’s foundation. Addressing these issues promptly is essential, as it’s not just about surface-level repair but also addressing the root causes to prevent future damage.
Can You Fix a Cracked Concrete Patio?
Yes, repairing a cracked concrete patio is possible. It’s essential to address the issue as soon as you notice it because significant damage can limit repair options.
However, simply filling the cracks with concrete filler or using patchwork fixes is not a long-term solution. These temporary fixes don’t address the underlying causes.
Effective concrete repair requires professional equipment and techniques. A holistic approach that tackles the root causes is crucial for lasting results.
AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialists offer comprehensive solutions, including our innovative PolyRenewal™ concrete lifting system, which not only addresses visible damage but also the contributing factors to prevent recurrence.
How to Fix a Cracked Concrete Patio
AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialists employ advanced methods to lift and stabilize cracked concrete patios. Our process includes:
- Damage Assessment: We conduct a free and thorough inspection to assess the extent of the damage.
- Drilling Small Holes: Small holes are drilled into the affected patio sections.
- Injection Ports: Injection ports are placed in the holes.
- Polyurethane Foam: We mix a two-part, closed-cell polyurethane foam and inject it underneath the patio.
- Foam Expansion: The foam expands, lifting the concrete.
- Foam Curing: Within 15 minutes, the foam cures.
- Hole Filling: We fill and smooth the drilled holes.
- Crack Sealing: Cracks are sealed to prevent further damage.
- Monitoring and Maintenance: We provide ongoing monitoring and maintenance to ensure the longevity of the repair.
We understand that every home is unique. Our proprietary solutions, including PolyRenewal™, are tailored to your specific issues, offering superior results compared to conventional methods and products.
Why Address a Cracked Concrete Patio Now
It’s essential to repair a cracked, sunken concrete patio promptly for several reasons:
- Safety Hazards: Uneven slabs and cracks pose tripping risks that increase as the concrete continues to deteriorate.
- Additional Damage: Without addressing soil issues, erosion and ground movement can lead to further sinking and cracking.
- Water Risks: Cracks allow water to seep under the patio, accelerating erosion and potentially affecting your home’s foundation.
- Pest Access: Cracks provide entry points for insects and weeds, and in some cases, rodents.
- Aesthetic Issues: A damaged patio diminishes your property’s appearance.
- Diminished Property Value: Damage and an unkempt appearance can reduce your home’s value and deter potential buyers.
Addressing cracked patios promptly with professional services like ours ensures lasting solutions compared to temporary fixes. Only AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialists, with our proprietary solutions, can comprehensively manage your cracked concrete patio issues, offering superior technology and optimal results compared to generic products from big-box stores.
Contact AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialists for Reliable Concrete Lifting Solutions
Your home should be a safe haven, and you deserve a secure and attractive patio that you can enjoy for years. Trust AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialists to restore the integrity of your concrete patio. Our concrete lifting solutions are designed to deliver reliable and enduring results.
Homeowners in Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida have relied on us because of our innovative repairs, attention to detail, and exceptional customer care. Contact us today to schedule your free, no-obligation inspection. Let our experts provide the right solutions to restore your patio’s functionality and aesthetics.
Yes, if left untreated, small patio cracks can widen and deepen, leading to significant structural issues. Concrete patio damage, while not directly connected, may signal the need for foundation repair. Immediate inspection and repair are crucial. Contact AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialists for a free inspection when you notice cracks in your concrete patio and elsewhere in your home.
The polyurethane foam injection process typically requires a few hours. After the foam is injected under the concrete, it cures within 15 minutes, allowing you to use your concrete the same day as the installation. However, the total project time varies based on size and the extent of concrete damage. AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialists provide free inspections and estimates. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our experts.
Professionally repaired concrete can last for many years, ensuring durability and stability. AFS Foundation & Waterproofing Specialists offer lightweight yet durable PolyRenewal™ polyurethane injections, which are longer-lasting and more reliable than mudjacking or complete replacement. Contact us to book your free inspection and to learn more about our trusted concrete lifting services.
Last Modified Date:
Explore more problem signs
130 Interstate Commerce Crt. Bldg. 100 & 200
Alabaster, AL 35007
214 Industrial Park Dr.
Soddy-Daisy, TN 37379
2701 Opelika Road
Phenix City, AL 36870
1909 Montgomery Hwy, Suite 322,
Dothan, AL 36303
118 E Mobile St
Florence, AL 35630
2415 Jordan Road
Huntsville, AL 35811
3028 E Governor John Sevier Highway
Knoxville, TN 37914
3131 Hamilton Blvd.
Theodore, AL 36582
445 Dexter Avenue, Suite 4050
Montgomery, AL 36104
1519 Heil Quaker Blvd.
LaVergne, TN 37086
89 W. Hood Dr.
Pensacola, FL 32534