Concrete, while strong, is not impervious to damage. Over time, it may display signs of wear such as cracks, sinking, and other imperfections that mar its surface.
However, cracked concrete isn’t just a cosmetic problem; it creates a significant safety risk and could be an indicator of deeper structural issues. AFS is well-equipped to address these challenges effectively, ensuring your concrete surfaces are restored to safety. Explore the causes of cracked concrete and learn more about our leading concrete lifting services.
What Is Cracked Concrete?
Cracked concrete appears as lines or separations in the concrete surfaces of your home, varying in severity from superficial cracks to deep divisions that compromise structural integrity.
Common locations for these cracks include:
You might also observe other types of damage like pitting, flaking, and staining. Such damage, particularly cracked concrete, detracts from your home’s curb appeal and diminishes your enjoyment of your property. Partner with AFS to ensure a future free from these issues.
Why Your Home Has Cracked Concrete
Cracked concrete often results from soil displacement beneath the concrete itself. This can be due to a variety of factors including weather, construction issues, or natural occurrences. Here are some common causes to look out for:
- Soil Settlement: Over time, the ground under your concrete can settle unevenly, leading to cracks.
- Erosion: Rain or snow can wash away soil under your concrete, causing it to sag. This can be exacerbated by misdirected downspouts.
- Temperature Changes: Frequent freezing and thawing can cause the ground to shift.
- Tree Roots: Trees near your concrete can cause uneven settling or push against the structure.
- Construction Issues: Mistakes made during the pouring or setting of your concrete can leave it vulnerable to cracks and sinking.
Many of these issues are beyond your control but addressing them promptly can prevent further damage. Being able to recognize the early signs of concrete damage is valuable for any homeowner.
Can You Fix Cracked Concrete?
Yes, it is possible to repair cracked concrete, and advancements in technology have made this process more effective than ever. Addressing the issue quickly is vital, as extensive damage can be more challenging to repair.
While temporary fixes like store-bought sealants or traditional methods like mudjacking might provide a short-term solution, a comprehensive approach is necessary for long-term results. AFS focuses on durable solutions and preventative strategies to ensure the longevity of your concrete repairs.
Our team uses an innovative polyurethane solution, called PolyRenewal™, to lift and stabilize concrete, providing a long-lasting solution to cracked and sinking concrete.
How to Fix Cracked Concrete
AFS has a trusted process for lifting and repairing cracked concrete, ensuring lasting results for homeowners throughout the Southeast. The process looks like this:
- Conducting a thorough inspection to identify the core issues and plan the best repair strategy.
- Boring minimal, dime-sized holes into the affected concrete areas.
- Placing our specialized injection tools into the holes.
- Preparing our exclusive two-part polymer foam to create PolyRenewal™.
- Injecting PolyRenewal™ underneath the compromised concrete.
- The foam swiftly expands, filling voids, lifting the concrete, and solidifying within 15 minutes.
- This procedure not only elevates the concrete but also fortifies the underlying soil.
- Removing injection ports and sealing the holes.
- Ensuring any cracks are sealed to prevent future water intrusion.
- Providing periodic maintenance to ensure lasting performance.
PolyRenewal™ provides precise, durable repair, ensuring the stability and safety of your concrete surfaces.
Why Address Cracked Concrete Now
Addressing cracked concrete promptly is crucial to:
- Prevent Further Damage: Acting quickly can stop further issues, such as foundational problems, from developing.
- Ensure Safety: Immediate repair creates a safer environment for your family.
- Maintain Property Value: Keeping your concrete in good condition helps preserve or even increase the value of your home.
Delaying repairs can lead to more severe issues. Trust AFS for a comprehensive solution to your cracked concrete problems, ensuring lasting results and peace of mind.
Contact AFS for Expert Concrete Lifting Services
Turn to AFS for dependable concrete lifting services, keeping your property safe and preserving its value. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation assessment and experience the peace of mind that comes with our expert, reliable services.
Our professionals will evaluate the cracked concrete, identify the root cause, and create a customized solution. We guarantee lasting concrete repairs that eliminate safety risks, prevent further damage, and enhance the appearance of your concrete surfaces!
Last Modified Date:
Explore more problem signs
130 Interstate Commerce Crt. Bldg. 100 & 200
Alabaster, AL 35007
214 Industrial Park Dr.
Soddy-Daisy, TN 37379
2701 Opelika Road
Phenix City, AL 36870
1909 Montgomery Hwy, Suite 322,
Dothan, AL 36303
118 E Mobile St
Florence, AL 35630
2415 Jordan Road
Huntsville, AL 35811
3028 E Governor John Sevier Highway
Knoxville, TN 37914
3131 Hamilton Blvd.
Theodore, AL 36582
445 Dexter Avenue, Suite 4050
Montgomery, AL 36104
1519 Heil Quaker Blvd.
LaVergne, TN 37086
89 W. Hood Dr.
Pensacola, FL 32534